Injured in a Bicycle Accident in Louisiana?
Call Gauthier Amedee Now For a Free Consultation.
We Will Fight To Recover The Maximum Compensation For You.
Riding a bicycle is a wonderful and energy efficient way to commute to work or school, get some great exercise, or simply enjoy the beautiful scenery of southern Louisiana. However, bicyclists also face significant risk of injury, and even death, every time they go out on the road. If you or a loved one has been injured in a bicycle accident that was not your fault, you will need the dedicated and experienced legal team at Gauthier Amedee by your side.
Drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles have an obligation to share the road with cyclists. Unfortunately, many times motorists fail to live up to their responsibilities, and behave in a reckless or negligent fashion that results in serious or even life-threatening injuries to a cyclist. Even a minor collision with a car, truck and motorcycle can have devastating consequences for a bicyclist. That is why you will need the experienced Louisiana Bicycle Accident attorneys at Gauthier Amedee on your side after an accident.
Bicycle Accidents are a major problem in Louisiana and throughout the U.S:
- In 2014, 726 bicyclists were killed in traffic accidents, and an estimated 50,000 were injured.
- In 2014, the average age of fatally injured bicyclists was 45 years old. This tells us that a majority of cyclists that are killed in traffic crashes are not children and young adults, but are often riders with years of experience.
- In Louisiana, there were 12 bicyclist fatalities in 2014.
At Gauthier Amedee, we have successfully defended the rights of cyclists injured through no fault of their own. Unfortunately, on top of your serious physical injuries and damaged property, bicyclists are often not treated fairly by the insurance companies. Studies have shown that cyclists often receive between 30%-40% less for their injuries in settlements than drivers of motor vehicles that suffered the same injuries. At Gauthier Amedee, we will fight the insurance companies on your behalf so that you can focus on your recovery.
At Gauthier Amedee, our experienced legal team will take the following actions after your Bicycle Accident:
- Investigate all damage that occurred to your bicycle, including chipped paint, stressed metal and bent wheels, and fight to secure compensation from the insurance company for your damaged property.
- Inspect the scene of the accident and counter a motorist’s typical claims that the bicyclist was somehow at fault for the accident.
- Examine your medical records and employment history to secure the maximum compensation for your pain, suffering, medical bills and lost wages.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a Bicycle Accident that was not your fault, you will have many important questions that require immediate attention. Call Gauthier Amedee right away at 225-647-1700 and we will provide you with a FREE, confidential and no-obligation consultation about your case.
At Gauthier Amedee, you never have to pay any attorney’s fee up front. In fact, we only get paid after you do. And if there is no recovery, there is no attorney’s fee. It’s that simple. We’re here to work hard for you and to make sure that your rights are fully protected.