Drinking & Driving
Getting behind the wheel of a car after consuming alcohol is one of the most selfish and reckless crimes a motorist can commit. When drivers drink and drive, they put not only their own lives, but the lives of everyone around them at risk. This senseless behavior leads to hundreds of thousands of motor vehicle accidents throughout the United States every year, and the consequences of these accidents can be devastating.
Drunk Driver Accidents happen in the blink of an eye and occur without warning. You may have been driving home, to work, or to school while obeying the speed limit and rules of the road when you were hit by a drunk driver. This exact scenario affects thousands of drivers every year. The statistics about drunk driving accidents are extremely troubling:
- 9,967 people lost their lives in 2014 in alcohol-impaired vehicle accidents.
- According to Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), 27 people die in America every day in accidents involving a drunk driver.
- Drunk driving accidents accounted for nearly 31% of all motor vehicle fatalities in 2014.
- Unfortunately, driver data indicates that motorists that drive drunk have a high tendency to repeat the same reckless behavior. Nearly 1 out of every 3 drivers arrested for drunk driving are repeat offenders.
- Young drivers face the highest risk of being injured in a drunk driving accident. In 2014, drivers between the ages of 21 and 24 accounted for 30% of all drunk driving fatalities, the highest percentage among any age group.
- Drunk driving claimed the lives of 253 Louisiana residents in 2014. That number represents 34% of all driver fatalities statewide.
Drunk driving accidents often lead to severe injuries and permanent disabilities that will require expensive hospital treatment, painful rehabilitation, and a lifetime of medical care. After being injured in a motor vehicle accident caused by a drunk driver, your focus should be on recovering as quickly as possible, not worrying about how you will pay for the costs of your treatment.
If you or a loved one was injured in a Drunk Driving Accident that was not your fault, you will need an experienced legal team by your side. The experienced Louisiana Drunk Driving and Car Accident lawyers at Gauthier Amedee have years of experience protecting the rights of people that were injured by someone else’s negligence.
Our lawyers will investigate every detail of your accident and fight the insurance companies to secure the maximum compensation for your injuries. We handle every case with the utmost dedication and personal attention, and will fight for you from the start of your case through to the finish.
Call us right away at 225-647-1700 and we will provide you with a FREE, confidential and no-obligation consultation about your case.
At Gauthier Amedee, you never have to pay any attorney’s fee up front. In fact, we only get paid after you do. And if there is no recovery, there is no attorney’s fee. It’s that simple. We’re here to work hard for you and to make sure that your rights are fully protected.