Errors in hospitals, emergency rooms, surgical theaters and delivery rooms can cause permanent disabilities, serious injuries, and even death. When a doctor, nurse, or hospital administrator makes a mistake that permanently impacts a patient’s life, that medical professional and the hospital where the accident occurred may be held liable for the damages.
Medical malpractice cases are extremely complex. Doctors, hospitals and insurance companies will fight to ensure that their clients avoid liability for their mistakes. That is why you will need an experienced Louisiana Medical Malpractice attorney on your side if you or a loved one has been injured by a medical mistake that was not your fault. Injured patients in Louisiana can depend on Gauthier Amedee to get them the help they need right away.
Medical malpractice and hospital errors are responsible for thousands of preventable patient deaths every year in the United States. Here are some disturbing statistics that show just how serious this problem has become in America:
- There are more than one million patient safety incidents reported annually in U.S hospitals.
- A 2013 study by the Journal of Patient Safety estimated that between 210,000 and 440,000 die every year due to preventable hospital errors in the U.S.
- According to the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), medical negligence is the third leading cause of death in the U.S, behind only heart disease and cancer.
There are many different types of mistakes and negligent behavior that may qualify as medical malpractice. Common instances of medical malpractice cases include:
- Hospital & Emergency Room Errors
- Surgical Mistakes
- Failure to Diagnose or Misdiagnosis
- Birth Injuries or Birth Trauma, Including Cerebral Palsy, Erbs Palsy, Fetal Distress and Brain Damage
If you believe that you or a loved one was injured through no fault of your own due to a hospital error or medical negligence, you may be entitled to financial compensation. The Louisiana Medical Malpractice lawyers of Gauthier Amedee have successfully represented many individuals involved in complex litigation with doctors and hospitals. Call us today at 225-647-1700 to see how we may be able to help.
When you call, you will speak with a dedicated and compassionate Louisiana Medical Malpractice lawyer absolutely FREE. We will help you understand the details of your case and provide the answers you seek.
At Gauthier Amedee, you never have to pay any attorney’s fee up front. In fact, we only get paid after you do. And if there is no recovery, there is no attorney’s fee. It’s that simple. We’re here to work hard for you and to make sure that your rights are fully protected.