18-Wheeler Truck Accident Lawyers
Gauthier Amedee knows truck accident law and has recovered millions of dollars in these claims.
As Americans, we all depend on 18-wheelers, tractor trailers, and other large trucks to deliver the goods we need throughout the country in a timely and safe manner. However, due to their extreme size, these vehicles present a very real danger to motorists in cars, motorcycles and other passenger vehicles. A tractor trailer accident can result in serious injuries. Contact the experienced commercial truck accident attorneys in Louisiana at Gauthier Amedee to learn how our team of lawyers can help you receive the compensation you need.
There are currently more than 5 million registered tractor-trailers in the United States. Regardless of where you live, there is a good chance that you will find yourself driving next to or near a tractor-trailer on your next trip. Here are some disturbing statistics that demonstrate just how often tractor trailers are involved in serious and even fatal accidents:
• 4,761 motorists were killed in large truck accidents in 2017.
• More often than not, the fatally injured driver in a tractor trailer accident will not be the truck driver, but drivers and passengers in the other involved vehicles. In 2017, 68% of people fatally injured in large truck accidents were in cars or other passenger vehicles.
In Louisiana alone, there were 101 large trucks involved in fatal crashes in 2017.
Multiple Factors Resulting in Accidents
There are many factors that can result in tractor trailers causing serious traffic accidents that were not a driver’s fault:
• Truck Driver Error: Driver error can include serious offenses such as distracted driving, or driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Unfortunately, many truck drivers are also faced with extreme and unrealistic deadlines for their shipments, which can cause drivers to stay up for hours and even days on end to make up time. As a result, driver fatigue or falling asleep at the wheel is another major factor that results in tractor-trailer accidents.
• Improper Loading: Tractor-trailers regularly carry as much as 80,000 lbs of weight when out on the road. If the cargo is not properly secured, or the weight is not evenly distributed, the results can be devastating. It is the responsibility of a truck driver and their company to ensure that all trucks are safe to drive.
• Equipment Failure: If a driver or trucking company fails to perform regularly scheduled maintenance and safety checks on all of their equipment, it puts other drivers at serious risk.
When tractor-trailers and 18 wheelers use defective safety equipment, are improperly loaded, or are operated by drivers that are overworked and distracted, they can cause serious accidents that can have devastating consequences. In these cases, it’s vital that you contact our experienced truck accident lawyers in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Get the Help You Need
If you or a loved one was injured in a traffic accident with a large truck or tractor-trailer that was not your fault, you may be entitled to significant compensation for your injuries. Call the experienced Louisiana Truck Accident lawyers at Gauthier Amedee right away at 225-647-1700, and we will provide you with a FREE, confidential and no-obligation consultation about your case.
Your case and your injuries are serious. At Gauthier Amedee, we will aggressively pursue your case to ensure you receive the maximum compensation for your truck accident injury in Louisiana.
At Gauthier Amedee, you never have to pay any attorney’s fee up front. In fact, we only get paid after you do. And if there is no recovery, there is no attorney’s fee. It’s that simple. We’re here to work hard for you and to make sure that your rights are fully protected.