A Tragic 18-Wheeler Accident Fatally Injures 31-Year-Old Louisiana Resident
A tragic accident took the life of a 31-year-old Louisiana resident when she was struck by an 18-wheeler Thursday morning.
The woman’s vehicle was hit by the tractor-trailer as she pulled out onto the right shoulder of the road in an attempt to make a U-turn. As she re-entered the highway an 18-wheeler hit her car on the driver’s side – she was restrained but still suffered from critical injuries.
The truck driver did not sustain any injuries and voluntarily took a breath test showing no alcohol was present at the time of the accident.
Always be more careful driving on highways where there are more fast moving and large commercial vehicles. Here are some safety tips that can help you arrive safely at your final destination:
- Big rig trucks blind spots are larger – Never put yourself in the way of a trucks blind spot
- Always keep a safe distance behind a large commercial vehicle – They could stop suddenly and you want to make sure that they can see you behind them.
- A tractor-trailer needs more space to maneuver – it is more difficult for large trucks to make turns as well as switch lanes and since they do have larger blind spots they might not be able to see you.
- 18 wheelers require more time and distance to stop – it is never safe to pull in front of a large truck or to ride too close behind one, since it takes them longer to stop.
- It takes more time to pass them – if you plan on passing a large truck make sure you are seen when doing so and never linger in their blind spot.
If you or a loved one is injured in an accident with a large truck or tractor-trailer that was not your fault call the experienced Louisiana Truck Accident lawyers at Gauthier Amedee today at 225-647-1700 or fill out our online form to schedule a free case evaluation.
At Gauthier Amedee, you never have to pay an attorney’s fee up front. In fact, we only get paid after you do. And if there is no recovery, there is no attorney’s fee. It’s that simple. We’re here to work hard for you to make sure that your rights are fully protected.
Don’t delay. Get the help you need today with Gauthier Amedee.
June 9th, 2017