Be Safe this New Year’s, Don’t Drink & Drive!
This Sunday night, many families and friends will join one another in celebrating beginning of a new year. However, New Year’s is actually the most popular drinking holiday therefore many will be celebrating with their favorite alcoholic beverage in hand. This increase in alcohol consumption considerably heightens the risk of drunk driving accidents occurring.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), annually, more than 100,000 people die due to drunk driving accidents that are entirely preventable.
Start 2018 off right by following these safety tips:
- If you plan on drinking, don’t drive – If make sure you have a plan for a car or taxi service to bring you home, or plan to stay over wherever you are consuming alcohol.
- Don’t let others drive drunk– If you know someone has been drinking, don’t let them drive! Take their keys and help them find a car service home or have them stay where they are.
- If you spot a drunk driver on the road, call the police – By calling the police, you could save the lives of many others.
- If you are hosting a party, make sure everyone gets home safely – Take the keys from those who have been drinking, make sure friends have a car service home or let them sleep at your house for the night.
- Always wear your seatbelt– This simple, yet incredibly effective method could save your life!
Gauthier Amedee hopes everyone rings in the New Year safely! Remember to be responsible – it could save your life and the lives of many others!
At Gauthier Amedee, you never have to pay any attorney’s fee up front. In fact, we only get paid after you do. And if there is no recovery, there is no attorney’s fee. It’s that simple. Call the experienced Gonzales car accident lawyers who are here to help handle your entire car accident insurance claim. We’re here to work hard for you and to make sure that your rights are fully protected.
Don’t delay. Get the help you need today with Gauthier Amedee.December 29th, 2017