Celebrate Halloween Safely
Halloween is finally here! With this in mind, the attorneys of Gauthier Amedee would like to share a few helpful Halloween safety tips for all ages.
Know the Risks
Young children under 12 should remain in the company of a responsible adult at all times. Older children can travel in groups—if they stick to familiar areas and agree to return home at an appropriate time. Unfortunately, the statistics indicate young pedestrians are more than twice as likely to be killed in crashes on Halloween night versus any other night of the year.
Travel Safely… or Bring the Fun Home
The Mayo Clinic offers the following safety rules to keep children protected while trick-or-treating:
- Stick Together: Trick-or-treaters younger than age 12 should always travel with a parent or trusted adult. Older children can travel with friends, parents, or older siblings—and always in a group. Make sure each child has a flashlight with fresh batteries and glow sticks for visibility.
- Establish Ground Rules: When your older children trick-or-treat without you, make sure they have planned a safe and familiar route. Review safety rules with them—and establish a clear curfew. Remind them to stay with their group, on sidewalks, and in well-lit areas.
- Keep It Close-to-Home: Instead of going house-to-house and knocking on doors to trick-or-treat, consider planning a party with other parents in your local neighborhood. Local malls, schools, or community centers may offer other options for a safe Halloween celebration.
Tips for Drivers
Anyone old enough to drive should observe the following:
- Discourage new drivers from driving
- Never drive under the influence
- Go slowly backing out of driveways
- Remain vigilant at intersections
- Never use your phone while driving
We Can Help
If you or a loved one has been injured in a traffic accident, call the experienced Louisiana Pedestrian Accident attorneys at Gauthier Amedee at 225-647-1700. You can also submit a free case evaluation form on our website. When you call, you will speak with a leading Louisiana Pedestrian Accident lawyer for FREE.
Call our experienced Louisiana car accident lawyers. Our legal team will examine every detail of your case and provide the experienced, compassionate and dedicated representation you need to secure the maximum compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. We’re here to work hard for you and to make sure that your rights are fully protected.