Fatal Motorcycle Accident North of Tangipahoa Parish Caused by Tire Failure Kills One
Early Saturday morning while riding north on I-55, a motorcyclist crashed after experiencing tire failure. Unable to stop in time, the motorcyclist was hit by a Chevrolet Monte Carlo also traveling northbound. Immediately following their collision, the Chevrolet was hit by a Kia adding to the severity of the accident. Both drivers remain uninjured, however the motorcyclist was pronounced dead at the scene by the Tangipahoa Parish coroner’s office.
Although not every accident is avoidable, it is important that motorcycle operators and those that share the road with them are aware of their surroundings. If you are on the road with a motorcycle note some of the safety precautions below:
• Road conditions– extreme weather conditions and slippery roads are very challenging when maneuvering a motorcycle. In adverse conditions, allow extra space when following and extra time for stopping.
• Always signal – signal when changing lanes or preparing to turn, giving other motorists ample time to brake.
• Check your blind spots– motorcycles easily disappear in blind spots or behind large objects, especially large vehicles like tractor-trailers and big trucks. Make sure you are seen on your bike.
• Give them space– it is much harder to gage the speed of a motorcycle, and they are typically much closer than they appear. Give bikers extra space when following behind them.
At Gauthier Amedee we are committed to promoting and encouraging driving safety. Please remember these riding safety tips:
• Motorcyclists should always wear a helmet – this is a necessity for safe riding and protecting your head from serious injury.
• Make sure you are comfortable on your motorcycle – spend time getting to know how your bike works and best fits you.
• Check your bike & maintain properly – always make sure your bike is safe to ride before you hit the road.
• Obey the rules of the road – Follow all signs, riding rules and laws, make sure to never speed and obey all traffic signals! Don’t try to beat out a yellow light.
• Beware of your blind spots – motorcycles are smaller than motor vehicles and big trucks so it is important to properly signal before turning or switching lanes.
• Be careful taking left turns – left turns can be dangerous because of the blind spots so its always smart to check twice for any motor vehicle before turning.
If you or a loved one is injured in a Motorcycle Accident that was not your fault, call the hardworking, experienced Louisiana Motorcycle Accident lawyers at Gauthier Amedee today at 225-647-1700 or fill out our online form to schedule a free case evaluation.
At Gauthier Amedee serious injury lawyers, we have seen first hand the damage that cars and other passenger vehicles can cause when drivers do not pay attention to the motorcyclists around them.
If you were injured due to someone else’s negligence let Gauthier Amedee provide the dedicated and aggressive representation you need to recover the maximum compensation you deserve.
At Gauthier Amedee, you never have to pay any attorney’s fee up front. In fact, we only get paid after you do. And if there is no recovery, there is no attorney’s fee. It’s that simple. We’re here to work hard for you and to make sure that your rights are fully protected.
Don’t delay. Get the help you need today with Gauthier Amedee.June 19th, 2017