Happy Holidays from Gauthier Amedee
This holiday weekend, millions of Americans will be traveling by various means of transportation to get to their destination. AAA has estimated that 107.3 million Americans will be traveling by planes, trains and automobiles from Saturday December 23 through Monday January 1st; making this the highest travel period on record.
The attorneys and staff at Gauthier Amedee want to remind everyone traveling this holiday weekend to stay safe with these travel tips:
- Allow yourself enough time to get to your destination – leave early in case there is a delay on the road that may cause you to be late to your destination. Leaving early will prevent you from rushing and making reckless decisions on the road.
- Travel early or late in the day – by traveling early or late in the day you can avoid hitting major traffic or experiencing delays.
- Avoid peak travel times – this year’s peak travel times are Saturday December 23rd and Monday January 1st.
- Do not drink and drive – wherever you decide to go this holiday weekend, don’t consume alcohol then get behind the wheel of a motor vehicle. Even if you don’t think you’re drunk or intoxicated, your reaction time is considerably slower after ANY amount of alcohol is consumed.
- Do not drive distracted – avoid cellphone use, changing the radio station, eating while driving, and getting distracted by other passengers in the vehicle.
- Keep provisions in the car – have water, a blanket, a full tank of gas, jumper cables, and maybe even snacks in your vehicle just in case you hit heavy traffic or if your vehicle breaks down.
Happy Holidays from Gauthier Amedee!
At Gauthier Amedee, you never have to pay any attorney’s fee up front. In fact, we only get paid after you do. And if there is no recovery, there is no attorney’s fee. It’s that simple. We’re here to work hard for you and to make sure that your rights are fully protected. If you or a loved one is injured in any type of car accident that was not your fault, call the caring, experienced car accident attorneys at Gauthier Amedee today at 225-647-1700 or fill out our online form to schedule a free case evaluation.
Don’t delay. Get the help you need today with Gauthier Amedee.December 22nd, 2017