“There's no greater satisfaction than getting Justice for our clients at the end of a trial."
--- Lee "Jody" Amedee III
Lee “Jody” Amedee III has been practicing law since 1996. His love for people started at an early age when he worked with his grandfather and dad at their family restaurant in Geismar. He learned what hard work and determination meant at an early age. This work ethic propelled him through his life to be a successful trial lawyer.
Jody grew up showing livestock animals and excelling in sports. He earned a baseball scholarship to Nicholls State University and graduated from there in 1990. “When I got out of college, I didn’t know exactly what I wanted to do, but I knew I wanted to be involved in helping people.” says Amedee. He graduated from Southern University Law School in 1996.
He graduated from the prestigious Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyers College in 2013, and has been on the faculty since 2015 where he enjoys training trial lawyers from across the country.
Practice Areas: Traumatic Brain Injuries, Spinal Cord Injuries, Fractures, Nerve Injuries and all accidents that cause Catastrophic Serious Injury and Wrongful Death
Admitted to Practice Law: The United States Supreme Court, All State Courts in the State of Louisiana, as well as the Middle and Eastern Federal Districts of the of the United States District Courts of Louisiana
Memberships & Affiliations
- • Board Member, River Parishes Community College Foundation, 2015 - Present
- • Chairman, Louisiana Governor's DWI task force, 2012 - 2016
- • Louisiana State Senator, 2004-2016
- • Member, Louisiana Bar Association, 1996 - Present
- • Member, 23rd Judicial District Bar Association, 1996 - Present
- • Member, American Bar Association, 1996 - Present
- • Member, National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- • Member, Louisiana Association for Justice
- • Faculty Member, Gerry Spence's Trial Lawyers College
- • Graduate, The Trial Lawyers College in Dubois, Wyoming, 2013
- • Graduate, National Institute for Trial Advocacy, 2000
- • JD, Juris Doctorate, Southern University Law Center, 1996
- • BS, General Business, Nichols State University, 1990
If you or a loved one has been involved in any type of Motor Vehicle Accident that was not your fault, you will have many important questions that require immediate attention. You should never have to deal with the Insurance Companies, medical bills and hospital visits on your own after a serious Motor Vehicle Accident. At Gauthier Amedee, we provide experienced, compassionate legal assistance for people that were injured in Motor Vehicle or other Catastrophic Accidents that were caused by someone else's negligence.
Call us right away at 225-647-1700 and we will provide you with a FREE, confidential and no-obligation consultation about your case. At Gauthier Amedee, we will review every detail of your case and fight to secure the maximum compensation for your injuries. You deserve straight answers about your case from the experienced southern Louisiana Car Accident lawyers at Gauthier Amedee.
At Gauthier Amedee, you never have to pay any attorney's fee up front. In fact, we only get paid after you do. And if there is no recovery, there is no attorney's fee. It's that simple. We're here to work hard for you and to make sure that your rights are fully protected.