Louisiana Burn Injury Lawyers
Have you or a loved one suffered burn injuries?
The American Burn Association states that approximately 486,000 people in the U.S. suffered burn injuries requiring medical treatment in 2016 alone. While some burns only affect the outer layer of skin—leaving minimal damage—others penetrate deeply, causing long-lasting damage.
The experienced team of attorneys at Gauthier Amedee understand the physical, mental, and financial costs associated with burn injuries. That’s why we work hard to ensure our clients get the just compensation for any debilitating injuries they may have sustained.
If you or a loved one has suffered burn injuries through no fault of your own, contact the experienced Louisiana burn injury attorneys at Gauthier Amedee for help at (225) 647-1700.
Types of Burns
Burn injuries can come in several forms. These include:
- Friction: Caused by hard surfaces such as roads, carpets, or floors
- Cold: Caused by wet, windy, or cold conditions
- Thermal: Caused by fire, steam, hot objects, or scalding liquid
- Radiation: Caused by sun, tanning booths, x-rays, or radiation therapy
- Chemical: Caused by chemicals in liquid, solid, or gaseous form
- Electrical: Caused by electrical sources or by lighting
Severity of Burn Injuries
Depending on the cause of the burn—and how long the skin is in contact with the source—a burn’s severity or intensity can vary. Doctors classify burn injuries as follows:
- First-Degree: Affects outermost layer of skin. Typically causes redness, swelling, and pain.
- Second-Degree: Affects both the outermost and second layers of skin. Typically causes red, white, or splotchy skin; pain; and swelling. May also cause blisters.
- Third-Degree: Affects all layers of skin and tissue underneath. Typically causes waxy or leathery skin. May cause nerve damage and numbness.
- Fourth-Degree: Extends beyond the skin to affect muscle, ligaments, tendons, nerves, blood vessels, and bones.
What to Do After a Burn
If you’ve received a severe burn, seek medical attention for your injuries immediately. Burns can easily become infected—and further complications may put your health at risk. After treatment, you will likely face many questions regarding how to pay your medical bills—and how to hold the responsible party accountable for their negligence. The experienced lawyers at Gauthier Amedee can answer any questions you may have pertaining to your burn injury claim.
If you or a loved one has suffered burn injuries through no fault of your own, call the burn injury attorneys at Gauthier Amedee at (225) 647-1700. When you call, you will speak with an experienced burn injury lawyer for FREE.
At Gauthier Amedee, you never have to pay any attorney’s fee up front. In fact, we only get paid after you do. And if there is no recovery, there is no attorney’s fee. It’s that simple.
Call our experienced Louisiana burn injury lawyers. Our legal team will examine every detail of your case and provide the experienced, compassionate and dedicated representation you need to secure the maximum compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. We’re here to work hard for you and to make sure that your rights are fully protected.
Don’t delay. Get the help you need today with Gauthier Amedee.