“Serving both my community and those in need has always been a true passion of mine”
Christopher G. McNeil was born in Raceland and completed his undergraduate at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and went on to graduate cum laude from Southern University Law Center in 2014. While at SULC, Chris served as the Student Bar Association Parliamentarian, and also represented juvenile and indigent clients in criminal matters before the 19TH Judicial District Court.
Chris has clerked for the United States Attorney’s Office, Western District of Louisiana, in addition to the 15TH Judicial District Louisiana Indigent Defender’s Office. While at the United States Attorney’s Office, Chris worked within the Child Exploitation and Obscenity Section (CEOS) and Organized Crime and Drug Enforcement Task Force (OCDETF), with his primary experience in combating public corruption and financial fraud. Prior to joining Gauthier Amedee, he was the Senate Aide to Louisiana State Senator Jonathan “JP” Perry, District 26. Currently, Chris is serving as the 2018-2019 President of the 23RD JDC Bar Association, covering Ascension, Assumption and St. James Parishes.
Admitted to Practice Law: All state courts in the state of Louisiana; as well as the Federal U.S. District Courts, Western District, Middle District and Eastern District of Louisiana
Memberships & Affiliations
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- 23rd Judicial District Bar Association
- JD, Juris Doctorate cum laude, Southern University Law Center (SULC)
- Theta Xi National Fraternity, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- Phi Alpha Delta International Legal Fraternity, Southern University Law Center
- BA, Political Science & International Relations, University of Louisiana at Lafayette