“There’s no greater satisfaction than getting Justice for our clients at the end of a trial.”
Lee “Jody” Amedee III has been practicing law since 1996. His love for people started at an early age when he worked with his grandfather and dad at their family restaurant in Geismar. He learned what hard work and determination meant at an early age. This work ethic propelled him through his life to be a successful trial lawyer.
Jody grew up showing livestock animals and excelling in sports. He earned a baseball scholarship to Nicholls State University and graduated from there in 1990. “When I got out of college, I didn’t know exactly what I wanted to do, but I knew I wanted to be involved in helping people.” says Amedee. He graduated from Southern University Law School in 1996.
He graduated from the prestigious Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyers College in 2013, and has been on the faculty since 2015 where he enjoys training trial lawyers from across the country.
Practice Areas: Traumatic Brain Injuries, Spinal Cord Injuries, Fractures, Nerve Injuries and all accidents that cause Personal Injuries and Wrongful Death
Admitted to Practice Law: The United States Supreme Court, All State Courts in the State of Louisiana, as well as the Middle and Eastern Federal Districts of the of the United States District Courts of Louisiana
Memberships & Affiliations
- Board Member, River Parishes Community College Foundation, 2015 – Present
- Chairman, Louisiana Governor’s DWI task force, 2012 – 2016
- Louisiana State Senator, 2004-2016
- Member, Louisiana Bar Association, 1996 – Present
- Member, 23rd Judicial District Bar Association, 1996 – Present
- Member, American Bar Association, 1996 – Present
- Member, National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Member, Louisiana Association for Justice
- Faculty Member, Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyers College
- Graduate, The Trial Lawyers College in Dubois, Wyoming, 2013
- Graduate, National Institute for Trial Advocacy, 2000
- JD, Juris Doctorate, Southern University Law Center, 1996
- BS, General Business, Nichols State University, 1990