Super Bowl LII is Almost Here! What are Your Plans to Avoid Drunk Driving?
Last year, approximately 111.3 million Americans tuned-in to watch the Super bowl and the viewership for this year’s Super Bowl is expected to be nearly just as high.
Many people will travel to friend’s and family’s homes to watch the game, or some will go to a local bar to enjoy the game. Therefore, the amount of cars on the road before and after the game will be significantly high.
In addition to being the most watched television program of the year, it is also one of the most popular drinking days of the year. In fact, it is estimated that Americans will consume 325 million gallons of beer on Super Bowl Sunday. This combined with the increased amount of vehicles on the road could lead to disaster, especially if people get behind the wheel while intoxicated.
Please do what you can to prevent drunk driving accidents. Remember, buzzed driving is drunk driving. Therefore, it is advisable to never get behind the wheel after consuming any amount of alcohol.
Follow these safety tips given by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) this Super Bowl Sunday:
- Have a Designated Driver– Make sure to designate a sober designated driver before consuming alcohol to ensure you get home safely.
- Use Car Services– If you don’t already have the Uber or Lyft app, be sure to download one or both of them on your smartphone. If you do not have a smartphone, you may utilize a cab service. Don’t risk your life or the lives of others. Use a car service to make sure you and your friends get home safely.
- Use Public Transportation– Look into taking a train, bus or subway to get to and from your destination.
- Pace Yourself– In between drinking alcohol, make sure to alternate and drink water, and make sure to eat to help absorb the alcohol.
- Call a Friend or Family Member– If you need a ride, call a friend or family member that is sober and can pick you up
- Report Drunk Drivers – If you see someone swerving or speeding on the road, immediately call 911.
- Stay put– If you have consumed alcohol and do not have any safe means of getting home, stay put. Sleep it off and leave when you are sober in the morning. If you are hosting a party, make sure no one drives home drunk.
Gauthier Amedee hopes everyone enjoys the Super Bowl and does so responsibly. Make sure to follow these safety tips and remember – never drink and drive! Don’t make the reckless decision of driving drunk, it could cost you your life or the lives of others.
At Gauthier Amedee, you never have to pay any attorney’s fee up front. In fact, we only get paid after you do. And if there is no recovery, there is no attorney’s fee. It’s that simple. Call the leading Gonzales car accident lawyers who are here to help handle your entire car accident insurance claim. We’re here to work hard for you and to make sure that your rights are fully protected.
Don’t delay. Get the help you need today with Gauthier Amedee.February 2nd, 2018